The Spider™ 125 with Universal Clamping system is the preferred equipment for quick and accurate socket fusion field installations of 63mm to 125mm polypropylene pipe.
The lightweight, compact device features a worm gear drive with parallel link system to bring pipe and fittings together evenly and under control. It features a Universal Clamping system that can accommodate any size of pipe or coupling, eliminating the need for inserts.
The features of the Spider 125 allow a single technician to properly align, heat, fuse and cool the pipe. Because the Spider is non back-drivable, constant pressure is maintained throughout the process.
The Spider has proven to be an exceptional tool for performing socket fusions in overhead, vertical and tight work spaces. A full assortment of heaters and heater adapters are available from Asahi/America for pipe sizes in the 63mm to 125mm range.
Ideal Applications Include: Best used for PE, PP, PVDF and PP-RCT thermoplastic piping system welds.
Fuses Pipe Sizes:63mm – 125mm (2″ – 5″)
Socket Tool with Universal Clamping Package
Machine15 lbs. (6.8 Kg)
Length:7.6 in. (193mm)
- No inserts necessary
- Universal Clamping jaw system fits all pipe brands and fittings
- Non back-drivable gearing, self-locking
- Two-position support handle
- Lightweight and compact
- Wide jaws provide stability on pipe
- Requires Heat source (either a 2” or 4” Hand Socket welder, Asahi/America offers them for purchase or rental separately)