Note: Asahi/America will only accept product returns from authorized distributors. If you want to return an Asahi/America item please consult the distributor you made the purchase from for their return policy.
Please contact the RMA Department to obtain a RMA number or to check the status of an existing return.
Asahi/America Inc. Return Merchandise Policy
Asahi/America, Inc., (A/A) will authorize the return of product providing guidelines are adhered to as follows.
- A/A will accept the cancellation of Purchase Orders (PO) with no restocking charges under the following conditions:
- A/A has not started production of manufactured products.
- A/A has not placed a purchase order to our vendors for non-stock product or custom product.
- A/A has not already, picked, packaged and or shipped the product.
Cancellation of orders that do not meet the above conditions may be approved under special consideration and will be subject to a minimum 30% restocking charge, or cancellation charge.
A/A will authorize the return of product with a minimum 30% restocking charge under the following conditions.
- Product must have been purchased within the last six months.
- Product must be considered stock item by A/A.
- Product must be in resellable condition.
- Pipe is non-returnable, machined items are non-returnable
- Fabricated items and machined items are non-returnable
- Large quantities of line items are subject to approval
A/A will authorize the return of product for evaluation upon completion of the RMA form. (See enclosure)
- A/A, upon completion of the evaluation, will repair, replace, or issue a credit for the defective product if it is determined that the cause of failure is the responsibility of A/A. A/A retains the sole right to determine the correct course of action.
- A/A will notify the customer if it is determined that the cause of failure is due to normal wear and tear after the expiration of the warranty, misapplication, or improper use. In the event that the failure is not the responsibility of A/A the customer is to determine the corrective action that will be taken. A/A will not proceed with a repair or replacement until a purchase order is supplied by the customer.
*All products – see “Procedures” for proper instuctions
The purchase order must cover all expenses incurred by A/A.
Customer is responsible for all freight costs associated with a return that is not directly attributed to an A/A error or product failure covered under warranty. All returns must be sent prepaid; any collect shipments will be refused and returned to the Customer.
- A/A will be responsible for all standard freight costs for product evaluations where it is determined that the cause of failure is the responsibility of A/A.
A/A will process all RMAs within four (4) weeks of receipt of the product providing the following procedures were followed.
Please note: A/A is not responsible for any product that is shipped to our facilities without a completed RMA form. A/A will not process returns that are not accompanied by an authorized RMA number, and product may be returned to the Customer at the customer’s expense.
- RMA form must be filled out with all relevant information and forwarded to A/A’s RMA department. The form must include the following minimum information:
- Original PO #, Original Invoice #, Original Order #.
- Supply itemized list of proposed return with A/A part numbers.
- Specify reason for return.
- Upon successful completion of the RMA form and preliminary review, A/A will assign an RMA number and forward to the customer. A/A may elect to inspect product on site prior to issuing an RMA number.
- Customer must properly package the product. The RMA number must be visible on all packages and indicated on the packing list, and arrange shipment of the product to A/A.
- Customer must insure that product is returned in resellable condition in original packaging excluding product that is returned for repair or evaluation.
- All products returned for analysis must be clean, neutralized and double bagged when used in any chemical service condition. Any product returned not meeting this requirement is subject to being returned or discarded without inspection. Prior to return the owner/customer must verify that this product has been decontaminated and does not present a health or safety problem to anyone who handles it. This information is required in accordance with the hazard communication program (OSHA STANDARD #29CFR1910-1200) as well as DOT Department of Transportation) and RCRA (Hazardous Waste) regulations.
- A/A will notify customer of any discrepancies with regards to quantity and/or quality of the returned product.
- A/A will process credit upon completion of a successful inspection of the returned product.
- Product returned for evaluation will follow the above guidelines with the following exception.
- A resolution to the evaluation must be agreed upon prior to the repair/replacement/credit of the product. The customer will have a two-week period to act upon A/A’s resolution to the evaluation. A/A will return the product to the customer at the customer’s expense, if no response is forwarded within this time frame. The customer, prior to the completion of the repair, must place a purchase order if it is determined that the failure is proven not to be the responsibility of A/A.
- A/A will provide a full report of product returned for evaluation upon written request.
Damaged shipments and shortages must by signed and acknowledged by the carrier’s driver. All claims for lost or damaged shipments must be made directly by the customer to the delivering carrier at time of delivery.
A/A’s Customer Service Department must be notified in writing within 10 days of receipt of orders that appear to be short shipped by our shipping department. A/A will validate this claim through weight calculations and other means available. Customer’s requests for proof of delivery by A/A must be made within 30 days of receipt of invoice. After 30 days, the product will be considered as delivered.