The Series 10 electric actuator is used to actuate Asahi’s larger valves, including butterfly valves up to 24″.
No air supply – In many remote locations, it may be impractical to run an air supply line and maintain it.
Colder climate – Compressed air systems are vulnerable to freezing and clogging of the air lines, or potentially damaging the equipment if located in a climate that frequently sees temperatures below freezing.
PLC/DCS Controlled Process – In the past, standard engineering practice called for pneumatically actuated valves even when the rest of the system was electronically controlled. This required a conversion from electric to pneumatic (I/P) that made systems more complicated to startup and maintain. With the increasing popularity of PLC/DCS systems, many processes and instrumentation engineers are now specifying fully electronic actuation packages.
Installation savings – The cost to prepare a plant for pneumatically actuating a few valves (compressor, regulators, air lines, etc) far exceeds the cost of using electrically actuated valves *even though pneumatic actuators are used, electricity is still required to energize the solenoid valve coils that cycle the pneumatic actuators
120 VAC 1Ph 50/60 Hz
Two (2) 3/4″ FNPT
Four single pole, double throw (4-SPDT), 10 amp rated
Two single pole, double throw (4-SPDT), 10 Amp rated
1.65 – 4.10
Max Ambient Temperature:
Cycle Time per 90 degrees:
21– 31 seconds
- Motor: Reversing, squirrel cage induction motor, 120 VAC 50/60 Hz, single phase
- Overload protection: Integral thermal overload protection for motor windings with automatic reset
- Gear train: Permanently lubricated
- Conduit: Two 3/4″ FNPT conduit entries to eliminate cross feed between control and power signals
- Declutchable manual override: Lockable declutching lever with handwheel
- Limit switches: Standard end of travel limit switches can be used for light indication (not to be use with PLC for position confirmation)
- Auxiliary (Additional) limit switches: Each electric actuator is provided as a standard with 2-SPDT auxiliary limit switches
- Torque Switches: 2-SPDT Torque switches
- Mechanical Stops: Two +/- 10% mechanical travel stops
- Enclosure: Type 4X & 6
- AWWA C542: Conforms to AWWA C542
- Self-Locking: Self-locking worm gear design eliminates the need for a mechanical brake
- Space Heater: A space heater is provided as standard equipment
- Output torque: Series 10 electric actuators have an output torque range from 1320 in/lbs to 10,440 in/lbs
- Corrosion resistant mounting: Mounting is with stainless steel bracket, stainless steel coupling, and stainless steel hardware