The Safety Spring option for single acting pneumatic actuator allows for the removal of the end caps for maintenance or changing of the fail orientation without the fear of injury due to the stored energy of the springs. We have incorporated a captive spring design (shown as the black, green and yellow items) into the concentric spring pack so that they are contained, and the stored energy remains just that; stored.
The Safety Spring option is available for the C79P through the G79P. The output torque of the actuator and actuator dimensions are unaffected with this option.
- Actuator design: Double rack and pinion
- Body and end cap material: Cataphoresis and Rilsan coated aluminum (inside and outside for maximum corrosion resistance)
- Output Shaft: 303SS or cataphoresis coated shaft, each with double O-Ring seal on top and bottom
- Temperature range: -25 °F – 195 F
- O-Ring material: Self lubricating BUNA-N
- Output torque range: 286 in/lbs – 17,000 in/lbs
- Piston guide & guide ring material: Polyacetyl or PTFE and bronze
- Spring Material: Cataphoresis coated DIN-17223-C
- Spring Design: Concentric safety spring with spring retainer, all Cataphoresis coated
- Supply air: 60psi – 120psi
- Air connections: 1/4″ FNPT
- Mounting dimensions: ISO and NAMUR