Plasgear™ operators are designed for use with ¼ turn butterfly valves having an ISO 5211 F07, F10 or F14 valve mounting flange. They feature an engineered resin enclosure with SS trim. A PPG handwheel is used to rotate the gear-operator 9.5 turns from full open to full closed positions. The position indicator is molded in safety yellow for easy viewing. 2-end of travel adjustment stops fine tune open and closed positions. Weather resistance to IP67 and submersible to 3 psi.
Plasgear, the industry’s first thermoplastic gear operator is constructed of composite plastic with black urethane coating, the Plasgear will not corrode or rust as a result of exposure to harsh chemicals. Available in sizes from 1-1/2″ – 14″, the new plastic gear box is ideally suited for use in a broad range of applications such as severe chemicals and sea water.
The Plasgear is submersible. It features a visible PP position indicator, NAMUR mounting dimension that allows for mounting of accessories, plastic PPG reinforced hand wheel, integral grip design that allows for easy operation and adjustable travel stop for both open and close position.
Asahi/America offers numerous options for the Plasgear operator including, 4-Nuts insert for top accessories, chain operators, locking device, 2 inch square nut operator, and a special square coupling.
Plasgear is standard on all Asahi/America 1-1/2″ – 14″ Type 57 Butterfly Valves or can be supplied without the valve. The gear incorporates the latest industry standards including NAMUR top works for accessories and the globally recognized ISO 5211 standards (F07 &, F10, and F14) for interchangeability to most industrial valves. Plasgear can be factory mounted or mounted in the field on existing installation
Valve Mounting Flange:
ISO 5211 F07/F10
Valve Mounting Flange:
ISO 5211 F14
- Composite plastic gear box housing provides superior corrosion resistance
- Standard on all Type-57 and Type-57L Butterfly Valves, or supplied individually
- Available for valve sizes:
- 1 1/2″ – 14″ Type-57 Butterfly Valves
- 3″ – 12″ Type-57L Butterfly Valves
- 16″ Type-56 Butterfly Valves
- Mountable on most standard plastic or steel butterfly valves of the appropriate size
- Visible PP position indicator
- NAMUR mounting dimension that allows for mounting of accessories
- Plastic PPG reinforced hand wheel
- Integral grip design that allows for easy operation
- Adjustable travel stop for both open and close positions